Application Support Engineer
Would you like to join a fast-growing cyber security SaaS company that offers a unique technology centred around automated ethical hacking / penetration testing?
In our Application Support Engineer role, you’ll leverage your web application knowledge to support our customers in the use of our vulnerability scanning technology, triaging issues and working with various dev teams to solve problems.
Any experience or interest in cyber security is certainly helpful but not essential. We’re very keen to hear from you if you have experience in providing application support for any technology or industry.
AppCheck is a rapidly growing software company that offers an automated penetration testing / ethical hacking SaaS solution, which gives companies the ability to identify and fix security vulnerabilities in their web applications and infratructure before hackers can find and exploit the vulnerability.
We are only 1 of 5 companies globally that can do what we do and the only company based out of the UK. Started in 2014 with 4 people, we’re now 70 in total, and growing by at least 30 people this year, so it’s an exciting time to join.
You focus on efficiently triaging, investigating, and resolving internal and customer queries and requests for our vulnerability scanning platform. This will involve leveraging your web application knowledge, technical investigation of reported issues, command-line investigative tooling, setting up customer and trial scans, investigate customer applications to optimise scans, uncovering report false positives, and answering technical questions around vulnerability scan results, as well as some UI bug investigation.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Sound understanding of internet operation, the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) and HTTP protocol;
- Sound understanding of network/infrastructure and firewall, proxy and WAF behaviours;
- Conceptual understanding of the single page applications, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience providing direct customer facing application support;
- Experience with a support ticket system (ZenDesk, JIRA, SalesForce ServiceCloud);
- Highly organised and with the ability to priorities and plan to set timelines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation and with customers;
- An understanding of security vulnerabilities, web application weaknesses and anti-patterns (CWE, OWASP);
- Some experience of Infrastructure and Web Application Scanning tools (e.g. Burp Suite, Qualys, Nessus,).
- Scripting and Linux command line (curl, nmap, etc)
- An understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with emerging and maturing technologies including cloud security, server-less architecture and containerisation.
- Experience with platform monitoring tools (eg Opsview, Nagios, SolarWinds)
- Technical grasp of Unix/Linux OS commands / file systems and shell scripting;
- Previously worked within information security
What’s In It For You?:
There are some exciting things about AppCheck and joining our Application Support team:
- Recently won ‘Cyber Security Company of the Year’ at the Global Business Tech Awards.
- Attractive salary (flexible depending on experience level)
- Pension scheme and Westfield Health (or Gym Membership)
- Relaxed and friendly company culture
- Remote working with occasional days in the office.
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.