We are a market leading, award winning vulnerability scanning vendor, based in the UK, covering both known and unknown vulnerabilities, via a combination of DAST and traditional software version detection techniques.
Our SaaS platform allows companies to find and fix security vulnerabilities in their websites, web apps and hosted infrastructure before hackers can find and exploit them.
We’ve grown from 4 to 70+ people since 2014, entirely through organic growth, having continued to grow and recruit throughout lock downs in recent years, without needing to furlough or lose a single person. We are only 1 of 5 companies globally that can do what we do, with capabilities that are years ahead of the completion so it’s an exciting time to join!
As Mid-level or Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll work across our application infrastructure, automating deployments and designing DevOps solutions (e.g. using Python), and using tech such as Saltstack/Puppet/Chef, Graylog/ELK and Docker to name but a few.
Initially, the role will work on our existing monitoring, alerting and log aggregation systems. You will suggest how they can be improved, design solutions and deliver them. You’ll also have a broad range of DevOps responsibilities (below) with the view to work across low level and application infrastructure and to automate deployments.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Python or shell scripting experience
- Understanding and experience of integrating unit and functional tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient in design and development of CI/CD pipelines
- Linux administration, networking and troubleshooting
- Docker and docker-compose
- Designing DevOps solutions (monitoring, alerting, log aggregation, e.g. Prometheus, Alertmanager and Grafana)
- Release planning and management
- Extensive experience with Salt Stack or a similar configuration management solution (e.g. Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with Graylog, ELK or similar.
What’s In It For You?:
- We are 1 of 5 companies globally that do what we do, and the only company in the UK.
- Currently 70 people strong and growing by an additional 30 over the next 12 months.
- Recently won ‘Cyber Security Company of the Year’ at the Global Business Tech Awards.
- This is a new role so you’ll have the opportunity to shape our DevOps capability as we grow.
- Attractive salary (we’re highly flexible depending on experience)
- Pension scheme and Westfield Health (or Gym Membership)
- Remote working
- Relaxed and friendly company culture
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.