Lead DevOps Engineer
Are you a senior or Lead DevOps Engineer with experience in designing automated DevOps solutions using Python?
If you have an interest in information security and keen to take a lead role in DevOps engineering for an advanced technology company, we’re keen to hear from you.
AppCheck develops information security software for its end user clients and reseller network. Our cloud-based service provides clients with exceptional vulnerability detection and reporting services for their web applications and hosting infrastructure; allowing them to identify and fix the software vulnerabilities that hackers look to exploit.
We have a new and unique opportunity for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join the AppCheck technology team. Initially, the role will take ownership of our existing monitoring, alerting and log aggregation systems. You will suggest how they can be improved, design solutions and deliver them with help from a team of engineers that you’ll lead. You’ll also have a broad range of DevOps responsibilities (below) and the view is for the this role to (over time) take charge of the whole application infrastructure.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Python coding and shell scripting experience
- Understanding and experience of integrating unit and functional tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient in design and development of CI/CD pipelines
- Linux administration, networking and troubleshooting
- Docker and docker-compose
- Designing DevOps solutions (monitoring, alerting, log aggregation, e.g. Prometheus, Alertmanager and Grafana)
- Release planning and management
- Extensive experience with Salt Stack or a similar configuration management solution (e.g. Puppet, Chef)
- Graylog or ELK
- Prior experience leading a team of engineers would be beneficial but not a must
What’s In It For You?:
- We are 1 of 5 companies globally that do what we do, and the only company in the UK.
- Currently 55 people strong and growing by an additional 30 over the next 12 months.
- We exceeded our 2020/2021 growth target despite Covid and didn’t furlough a single person.
- Recently won ‘Cyber Security Company of the Year’ at the Global Business Tech Awards.
- This is a new role so you’ll have the opportunity to shape our DevOps capability as we grow.
- Attractive salary (we’re highly flexible depending on experience)
- Pension scheme and Westfield Health (or Gym Membership)
- Remote working available (happy to discuss any set up but aiming for a blended and flexible approach)
- Relaxed and friendly company culture
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.