Lead Python Developer
Are you a Lead Developer with a passion for Python coding and experience mentoring junior Developers?
Would you be interested in joining a high growth software company in the cyber security industry?
AppCheck develops information security software for its end user clients and reseller network. Our cloud-based service provides clients with vulnerability detection and reporting services for their web applications and hosting infrastructure.
Our software engineers and experienced penetration testing consultants collaborate to design and deliver a proven and trusted security testing solution for some of the world’s leading brands.
We have a new opportunity for a Lead Python Developer to join us at an exciting time of growth as we expand existing squads for the ongoing development of our security features (automated pen testing & scanning). As well as two major greenfield projects, and this role will lead one of the new greenfield squads to develop a new web app security solution, while leading junior/intermediate Developers (to be recruited). This will include:
- Collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to plan, specify and document proposed software solutions to deliver on key requirements.
- Leading the design and development required to implement new key user-facing features, as well as maintaining and enhancing existing functionality.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring that solutions meet all key non-functional requirements including scalability, performance, maintainability and security.
- Mentoring junior developers and instill quality engineering practices.
- Applying a ‘test-driven’ development strategy, integrating testing into CI/CD processes; and attend/run daily stand-ups.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a Lead Developer with extensive Python (Django/Flask) experience, leading/mentoring a team of Junior Developers and as well as a strong working knowledge of VCS, CI/CD, TDD behavioral testing tools. We’re excited to hear from you especially if you can demonstrate a passion for / knowledge of information security.
Our ideal candidate will be a bright, committed, and willing individual that wishes to continue to learn new technologies and to become involved in a range of highly technical and challenging software projects in a collaborative environment.
Key to this role is experience in owning development projects and confidence in providing high-level reports to the leadership time.
Are you looking for a role where you can combine the art of design with the art of programming and create software of the highest standard? If it’s a ‘Yes’ and you’re looking for the opportunity to work with like-minded people with the support of a highly skilled technical team, then we would love to hear from you.
In Summary – Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Extensive Python coding experience.
- Hands-on technical leadership and mentoring of a small software development team and managing them to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Highly organised and with the ability to priorities and plan to set timelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation and with customers.
- Web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- The SPA paradigm, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Code versioning tools, (e.g. Git / SVN)
- Continuous integration software (e.g. Hudson, Jenkins).
- Behavioural and unit testing.
While not essential if you have some experience with the following it would be a big bonus: Django / Flask or other python web framework; Unix/Linux OS commands / file systems and shell scripting; deploying applications using Docker; continuous integration software (e.g. Hudson, Jenkins); the SPA paradigm, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX; TypeScript; behavioural and unit testing.
What’s In It For You?:
- Join a thriving software company in the cyber security industry!
- Help us to innovate as we enjoy substantial growth with our advanced scanning technology
- Above market rate salary
- Pension scheme
- Gym member or Westfield health benefit
- Remote working (happy to discuss any set up)
- Relaxed and light-hearted company culture
- We’re rapidly growing so you can have a big impact in your role