Application Support Engineer
Are you passionate about web application technologies and cybersecurity? Are you eager to learn while applying your technical expertise in a client-facing application support role?
If so, we have an exciting career opportunity for you at AppCheck!
Cyber-attacks from malicious hackers are a huge risk for every business. AppCheck offers a SaaS-based vulnerability scanning and reporting service that detects security flaws in our clients’ web applications and hosted infrastructure.
We have achieved exceptional growth since we were founded in 2014, having now detected 129 million vulnerabilities across 1,500+ organisations and counting.
We provide unparalleled detection across APIs, SPAs, infrastructure & modern web applications, with the ability to identify 100,000+ known security flaws as well as zero-day vulnerabilities through the application of a first principles approach.
The purpose of the Application Support Engineer is to guide new and prospective clients through the pre-sales and onboarding process, making sure their first experience of the product is an excellent one, and to prepare them to get the most from the product for the duration of their contract.
- Liaise with our sales department and prospective new clients to understand their needs and explain how they can be solved by AppCheck.
- Set up Proof of Concept vulnerability scans within the AppCheck Product to demonstrate how we meet their needs.
- Provide initial training to new clients over the first few weeks, analyse how they are using the product and help them to get the most out of it.
- Investigate and respond to vulnerability queries and client issues reported by new clients.
- Provide advice to new clients on vulnerability remediation, across web application and networking.
- Use command-line and GUI tooling, as well as leveraging SIEM platform and logs for incident investigation.
- Work with software engineers to improve vulnerability scanning and reporting tools, techniques and reports via bug reports and feature requests.
- Proactively develop, update, maintain and expand client knowledgebase and documentation, championing its usage and leveraging it for maximum value.
Who We’re Looking For:
The successful candidate will combine strong communication skills with a robust technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Sound understanding of internet operation, the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) and HTTP protocol
- Sound understanding of network/infrastructure and firewall, proxy and WAF behaviours
- Conceptual understanding of single-page applications, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience providing direct client-facing application support
- Experience with a support ticket system (ZenDesk, JIRA, ServiceNow, etc.)
While any InfoSec domain experience is helpful, we do not require comprehensive knowledge of security vulnerabilities, nor the AppCheck product. However, we are looking for a good base of web application and infrastructure/network knowledge, gained within a technical/application support role. You’ll then learn specialized knowledge, through on-the-job training, proactive research of internal and external sources, and learning from the team around you.
Location & Remote Working:
Our office is based around Leeds; however, this role is predominantly remote, with a requirement to come into our office 4-6 times per year.
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.
TO APPLY, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date, and the vacancy may close early without prior warning
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.