Senior Python Developer
Key Tech & Methods: Python (Django, Flask), VCS, TDD and CI/CD
AppCheck is a cyber security SaaS company based in the UK. We provide a cloud-based vulnerability scanning technology that allows companies to find security vulnerabilities in their web applications and hosted infrastructure, before hackers can find and exploit them (much like an automated penetration tester).
We started in 2014 with 4 people, now with 70+ in total, and growing by at least 20 people this year (entirely organic and profitable growth, without need for investors). Our technology is genuinely several years ahead of the competition when it comes to web app security, so it’s an exciting time to join.
The Role & Initial Project:
We have six development squads, each with unique projects. This Senior Developer role is focused on the backend development of our web application scanner, which is the main technology we provide customers.
- Our web app vulnerability detection capability is years ahead of the competition, so you’ll have the opportunity to further advance this service through the use of Python (either Django or Flask) and build out new large-scale functionality improvements. Any front-end skills are a plus and would be put to good use, but not a must for the role.
- You’ll also use a wide range of development tools, including version controls systems, applying TDD and integration into CI/CD pipelines.
Cyber security knowledge is not required as we have a separate team of security researchers and web app security experts, but when it comes to web app development we’ll trust in your knowledge and give you autonomy to grow and develop the service
In Summary – Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Python web application development experience (Django, Flask or similar)
- Experience in building substantial backend web applications
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver projects on time while working in a small and growing software development team.
- Code versioning tools, (e.g. Git / SVN)
- CI/CD pipelines
While not essential if you have experience with some of the following it would be highly desirable:
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing dates*