Are you a Developer with a passion for Python coding?
Would you be interested in joining a high growth software company in the cyber security industry?
AppCheck develops information security software for its end user clients and reseller network. Our cloud-based service provides clients with vulnerability detection and reporting services for their web applications and hosting infrastructure.
Our software engineers and experienced penetration testing consultants collaborate to design and deliver a proven and trusted security testing solution for some of the world’s leading brands.
We have a new vacancy for a Full Stack Python Developer to join us at an exciting time of growth as we enhance existing features on our web application vulnerability scanner (automated pen testing). You would also be involved in major greenfield projects, where you’ll enjoy excellent autonomy to build exciting new products for AppCheck. We’re flexible whether you have a preference towards backend or frontend as we have multiple project where you’re skills will fit as well as having the opportunity to pick up new technologies over time.
In this role you’ll work closely with other Developers and our Head of Development to deliver new features, bug fixes, and enhance service functionality and performance. This will include:
- Collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to deliver on key requirements.
- Assisting with the development of new key user-facing features, as well as maintaining and enhancing existing service functionality.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring that solutions meet all key non-functional requirements including scalability, performance, maintainability and security.
- Applying a ‘test-driven’ development strategy, integrating testing into CI/CD processes; and attending daily stand-ups.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a Developer with web development experience using Python, as well as practical working knowledge of VCS, CI/CD and behavioral testing tools. We’re excited to hear from you especially if you can demonstrate a passion for / knowledge of Information Security.
Our ideal candidate will be a bright, committed, and willing individual that wishes to continue to learn new technologies and to become involved in a range of highly technical and challenging software projects in a collaborative environment.
Are you looking for a role where you can combine the art of design with the art of programming and create software of the highest standard? If it’s a ‘Yes’ and you’re looking for the opportunity to work with like-minded people with the support of a highly skilled technical team, then we would love to hear from you.
In Summary – Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Python coding experience
- Ability to deliver projects on time and to budget while working in a small and growing software development team.
- Web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Code versioning tools, (e.g. Git / SVN)
While not essential if you have some experience with the following it would be a big bonus: Django / Flask or other python web framework; Unix/Linux OS commands / file systems and shell scripting; deploying applications using Docker; continuous integration software (e.g. Hudson, Jenkins); the SPA paradigm, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX; TypeScript; behavioural and unit testing.
What’s In It For You?:
- Join a thriving software company in the cyber security industry!
- Help us to innovate as we enjoy substantial growth with our advanced scanning technology
- Above market rate salary
- Pension scheme
- Gym member or Westfield health benefit
- Remote working (happy to discuss any set up)
- Relaxed and light-hearted company culture
- We’re rapidly growing so you can have a big impact in your role