Security Consultant / Developer
Are you a Security Consultant, Developer or Penetration Tester with experience in Python coding?
Would you like to have the freedom to research new web application vulnerabilities and develop innovative security tools? If yes, we’d love to hear from you!
AppCheck develops information security software for its end user clients and reseller network. Our cloud-based service provides clients with vulnerability detection and reporting services for their web applications and hosting infrastructure.
Due to continued growth we’ve created a new security consultant/developer role within our R&D team, where you’ll focus on the following key areas:
- Researching security flaws and developing scanning modules to accurately and safety detect and exploit them.
- Contributing new ideas and developing components to add to AppCheck’s capabilities.
- Contributing to blog posts and presentations.
- Working with clients and scan data to ensure high quality scan coverage.
- Supporting clients with vulnerability queries such as vulnerability validation, crawl coverage and authentication.
Who We’re Looking For:
Our ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of security vulnerabilities, particularly in web technologies and be able to demonstrate putting this knowledge into practice through the creation of tools, advisories, and whitepapers (or similar experience, for example pen testing experience).
Skills & Knowledge:
- Python coding experience.
- Excellent knowledge of security vulnerabilities and exploit techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of web application security testing methodologies.
- Highly organised and with the ability to prioritise and plan to set timelines.
- Practical consultancy experience (e.g. experience in delivering penetration tests).
- Published whitepapers, tools or advisories.
- Competency with pytest, docker, and git.
What’s In It For You?:
- Freedom to research new vulnerabilities and develop new security tools.
- Join a thriving software company in the cyber security industry.
- Help us to innovate as we enjoy substantial growth.
- Above market rate salary.
- Pension scheme.
- Gym member or Westfield health benefit.
- Remote working (happy to discuss any set up).
- Relaxed and light-hearted company culture.
- We’re rapidly growing so you can have a big impact in your role.
Apply below, or send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org