Security Vulnerability Pre-Sales Consultant
Do you have excellent technical knowledge of web app security and vulnerabilities, as well a track record in providing pre-sales or client facing technical advice?
If so, we have a unique opportunity to AppCheck and grow our pre-sales technical function.
AppCheck develops information security software for its end user clients and reseller network. Our cloud-based service provides companies with exceptional vulnerability scanning, detection and reporting services for web applications and hosting infrastructure; allowing our customers to identify and fix the software vulnerabilities that hackers look to exploit.
In this role you’ll work closely with external customers and internal colleagues across commercial, technology and service delivery teams within AppCheck. Reporting into our Service Delivery Lead, and working closely with commercial and technology leads, this role will take ownership of all technical aspects of pre-sales client engagement throughout the entire sales cycle as well as some post-sales technical advice. This is a new position for AppCheck, so you’ll have the opportunity shape and grow the function.
Key responsibilities include the design/delivery of product proposals and solutions in support of commercial discussions; efficiently fielding technical queries from prospective customers and resellers around vulnerability scanning capabilities and trial scan results. You’d also maintain commercially-supportive technical pre-sales literature. Alongside sales teams you’d also deliver well-received and effective trials and Proofs of Concepts to prospective clients, in support of commercial opportunities.
How You’ll Do It…
- Provide advice, support and guidance to the commercial team on all technical aspects around vulnerability scanning capability and service delivery.
- Ensure accurate, timely, clear and commercially-aware responses to customer queries for information on RFI and Request for Proposal (RFP) completions;
- Take a “technical authority” role in specifying technical solutions, ensuring that solution proposals enable our clients to leverage our vulnerability scanning platform for maximal value;
- Work with the marketing team to proactively author and maintain effective presentation packs and information sheets for customers on key solution highlights and product benefits
- Build and successfully deliver pilot projects and proof of concepts (PoCs) for trial customers.
- Deliver technical training to commercial teams and reseller partners to foster and maintain advanced product familiarity that can be leveraged for sales advantage;
- Assist in the delivery of client onboarding and product familiarisation sessions for new clients.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Sound understanding of vulnerability management, security incident response, web application weaknesses and anti-patterns (CWE, OWASP);
- Experience in providing technical advice and solutions for internal or external stakeholders
- Sound understanding of web application technologies;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) including an excellent telephone manner and strong customer-first focused skills;
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, and able to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation and with external customers from technical to board level;
- It would be beneficial but not essential to have experience in WAN and firewall technologies, the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP), HTTP protocol, the DOM and DOM API, URL construction/schemas and web application behaviour;
- Experience or qualifications in any of the following would also be beneficial but not essential CISSP, CEH, OWASP, OSINT, CREST, OSCP, OSWE
What’s In It For You?
- We are 1 of 5 companies globally that do what we do, and the only company in the UK.
- Recently won ‘Cyber Security Company of the Year’ at the Global Business Tech Awards.
- We are a financially robust and growing company, having exceeded our 2020/2021 growth target and without the need to the need to furlough anyone as a result of Covid
- Currently 55 people strong and growing by an additional 30 over the next 12 months.
- Pre-sales is a new function and role within AppCheck so you’ll have the opportunity to shape the function and have an influential position as we grow.
- Attractive salary (can be mid-senior level and we’re flexible depending on experience)
- Pension scheme and Westfield Health (or Gym Membership)
- Remote working (happy to discuss any set up but aiming for a blended and flexible approach)
- Relaxed and friendly company culture
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.
*Please apply ASAP as interview may comments before closing date*