Senior Python Developer
Would you like to join an organically and fast-growing cyber security software company, taking up a Senior Developer role where you can meaningfully contribute to a unique technology centred around automated ethical hacking / penetration testing?
As Senior Developer, you’ll take a senior role in substantial green-field development projects and feature enhancements, expanding our vulnerability scanning capability, performance and accuracy.
You’ll enjoy excellent autonomy to build exciting large scale web apps for AppCheck, using predominantly Python but we’re flexible whether you have a preference towards back-end, front-end or full-stack.
In this role you’ll work closely with other Developers and our Head of Development to deliver new features, bug fixes, and enhance service functionality and performance. This will include:
- Collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to deliver on key requirements.
- Assisting with the development of new key user-facing features, as well as maintaining and enhancing existing service functionality.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring that solutions meet all key non-functional requirements including scalability, performance, maintainability and security.
- Applying a ‘test-driven’ development strategy, integrating testing into CI/CD processes; and attending daily stand-ups.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a bright, committed, and willing individual that wishes to continue to learn new technologies and to become involved in a range of highly technical and challenging software projects in a collaborative environment.
If you looking for a role where you can combine the art of design with the art of programming and create software of the highest standard, we would love to hear from you. Here’s some of the day to day skills you’d use:
- Strong Python coding experience
- Experience in Django / Flask or other python web framework
- Technical grasp of Unix/Linux OS commands / file systems and shell scripting;
- Ability to deliver projects on time and to budget while working in a small and growing software development team.
- Code versioning tools, (e.g. Git / SVN)
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as, BDD, TDD and Unit Testing
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Hudson, Jenkins etc.)
AppCheck & Who We Are:
- AppCheck is a B2B cyber security software platform developed by industry leading ethical hackers and web application security experts.
- Our technology gives companies the ability scan for and fix security vulnerabilities in their web applications and hosted infrastructure before malicious hackers can find and exploit them.
- As well as offering a unique and powerful technology, AppCheck is an industry leader in web app security research and source of knowledge on preventing malicious hacks and costly security breaches.
- Created in 2014 with 4 people, we’ve grown to 55 strong with an additional 30 hires planned over the next 12 months. We’ve grown organically as a result of exceptional commercial success.
- We are 1 of 5 companies globally that do what we do, and the only company based in the UK
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing dates*
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.