Hacks by URL: Devastating and Criminally Simple
Events / Posted April 23, 2020
Thursday 30th April 2020 – 11am or 3pm
Hosted by Nick Blundell, Head of Research & Development at AppCheck
Now part of Leeds Digital Festival our popular webinar assesses the subtle dangers of the humble URL as we explore through example how assumptions and subtle mishandling of URLs and files can lead to various high severity OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities. Sign-up below.
Handling file uploads and processing URLs should be easy, right? Well, it turns out there are many things that can go wrong, in lots of different ways, and at many levels (e.g. an application, a framework, the web browser, a proxy server). We explore through example how assumptions and subtle mishandling of URLs and files can lead to various high severity OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
In this webinar we will build an understanding of these vulnerabilities that spares no detail whilst being accessible also at a non-technical level.
- Subtle dangers of the humble URL
- Why hackers gravitate towards File Upload features
- Exploitation of Server-side Request Forgery (SSRF) vulnerabilities
- How to avoid these dragons
Benefit to the delegate:
- Unlimited delegates per organisation, therefore a FREE 1-hour training session for all personnel
- An appreciation of the exploitation potential of URLs
- An understanding of how to avoid these vulnerabilities
- Speaker is an expert in the field with 10 + years pen testing experience and now heads up AppCheck’s Research & Development programme
- The client can also book a free assessment using our automated penetration testing tool (prior to or following the webinar) against an owned target of their choice
Want to sign-up to the Webinar?
Get started with Appcheck
No software to download or install.
Contact us or call us 0113 887 8380