Cross-site scripting webinar - July 2020
Events / Posted July 07, 2020
XSS Everywhere! What is it, why should I care, and how can I avoid it?
Thursday 23rd July – 11am or 3pm
Hosted by Nick Blundell, Head of Research & Development at AppCheck
The team here at AppCheck would like to invite you and your colleagues to our next 1-hour Webinar surrounding the intricate challenges of Cross-Site Scripting (XSS). We ran this session at The Cyber Hack Theatre at IPEXPO London whereby over 500 delegates attended the two 1-hour sessions.
Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) is by far the most widespread high impact vulnerability, present even in the best of web applications, regardless of the framework or programming language employed – a burly steadfast member of the OWASP Top Ten.
Here at AppCheck the client-side nature of typical XSS has led to a general underappreciation of its exploitation potential, though a good understanding of the vulnerability and its subtle variations will show how it can be used to devastating effect… and more importantly: how it can be avoided.
In this webinar we will build up piece-by-piece an understanding of XSS that spares no detail.
Benefit to the delegate:
• A short 1-hour Webinar Training session on Web Application Security and the challenges faced
• Unlimited delegates per organisation, therefore a FREE 1-hour training session for all personnel
• An understanding of XSS and the core conditions from which it arises
• An appreciation of the exploitation potential of XSS
• A discussion on in-built browser protections and mitigations for XSS and their limitations
• An insight into the variants of XSS: Reflected, Persistent, and DOM-based
• An understanding of how to avoid XSS
• Speaker is an expert in the field with 10 + years pen testing experience and now heads up AppCheck’s Research & Development programme
• The client can also book a free assessment using our automated penetration testing tool (prior to or following the webinar) against an owned target of their choice
If you would like to sign-up please get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fill out the form below:
Want to sign-up to the Webinar?
Get started with Appcheck
No software to download or install.
Contact us or call us 0113 887 8380