AppCheck Ltd is an external and internal vulnerability scanning company that provides a cloud based scanning solution.
This document informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”), the data controller is AppCheck Ltd of Unit 19, Pavilion Business Park, Royds Hall Road, Leeds, LS12 6AJ.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act and Data Protection Officer is Graham Bacon.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you provide by filling out forms on our website(s), which may be amended from time to time. This includes any information while registering for our site, subscribing to services, posting material or requesting further information. We may also capture information when you report problems to our website
• Information you provide to third party website that is made publicly available
• If you contact us, a record of this correspondence may be kept
• Any surveys you respond to may store data submitted for research purposes
• Details of transactions you may carry out on the site
• Directly – when you subscribe or provide information to us on the website
• Through your device – for example where you have enabled location services
• Through social media
• Through publicly available data sources
The legal basis we collect, hold and process your information in accordance with the new data protection laws beginning in May 2018 is legitimate interest.
Broadly speaking legitimate interest means we may process your personal information if we see a legitimate business reason you may be interested in AppCheck and associated products and services.
Under this new law you have the right to object to us holding and processing your personal data. If you wish to contact us to ask that we remove your data please do so to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 887 8380
If you would prefer to contact us in writing, please use the below address:
AppCheck Ltd, Unit 19, Pavilion Business Park, Royds Hall Road, Leeds LS12 6AJ | Registered No. 06888174
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, operating system, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this. You should be aware that your details may also be used in our CRM. The system is designed to consider contact preferences. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device/browser
• To provide you with information, products or services from within the AppCheck portfolio which we feel may interest you
• To provide your details to carefully chosen third parties so that they can contact you for marketing purposes
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• To notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or, alternatively, do not provide your consent to pass on those details when prompted.
Your data may be used for automated decision making, including profiling, to offer you a tailored experience and provide you with the most relevant information.
We may disclose your personal information to any relevant part of our business.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event we may buy or sell any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If AppCheck Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
• If you have indicated permissions for AppCheck Ltd to share your data with such third parties
Should there be any change to your personal details in the future (i.e. change of name, address, telephone number, bank account, etc) you are asked to notify us promptly. This will ensure we maintain accurate personal details and that we are able to contact you or another designated person in case of an emergency.
You have a number of rights with regards to how your data is protected.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (when collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. This data is subject to be provided in a timescale determined by AppCheck Ltd depending on the size of the task.
By providing us with your information you will have the right to access and rectify your personal details. If you did wish to access your data, you shall have the right to view or receive a copy of the information in a commonly used format such as a pdf document or an e-mail. You may also have the right to ask for the processing of your personal data to be restricted or even erased. Whether or not you exercise the right to erasure, the company will erase your personal data in certain situations and particularly when the data is no longer required.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA working for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your data may be retained for as long as AppCheck Ltd deems this information to be useful for the purpose in which it was acquired. We do not stipulate a minimum or maximum period for retaining personal data but shall periodically review data and the purposes for holding such data. If information is deemed to be no longer needed it shall be updated, archived or securely deleted.
At any time. you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where processing is conducted for legitimate business reasons. If you exercise this right, then unless we have compelling reasons not to, we shall cease to process your data wherever data protection laws allow.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
• Access a copy of the information comprised of your personal data
• Object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
• To prevent processing for direct marketing
• To object to decisions being taken by automated means
• To have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked or erased
• To withdraw consent at any time
• To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You may also have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of this act.
If you have any queries or you wish to speak to us about how your information will be used, then please contact us at AppCheck Ltd Unit 19, Pavilion Business Park, Royds Hall Road, Leeds LS12 6AJ and / or firstname.lastname@example.org and / or 0113 887 8380.
In the event that you should have a complaint about how your data has been processed by us, we would like to hear from you so that we may put it right. However, you will always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This policy version is dated 19.06.2019