Penetration Testing Lead
Are you a Penetration Testing Lead / Manager / Principal / Senior Consultant with CREST accreditation and strong web application security knowledge?
If so, please read on. We’ve created a new Penetration Testing Lead role to operate in a hands on capacity role while working to build our consultancy services offering.
AppCheck Ltd is a leading provider of information security software, offering cloud-based vulnerability detection and reporting services to end-user clients and resellers worldwide. Our ethos towards vulnerability detection accuracy has led to many of our clients requesting that we perform additional security services such as consultant lead penetration testing and managed vulnerability assessment services.
As such AppCheck has taken the decision to build a dedicated professional services division to fulfil this existing demand and develop related products and services.
- Establish a pen testing process for consultant driven pen testing and help recruit and manage a team to perform this work.
- Scope and fulfil penetration testing work for our clients (predominantly web application testing).
- Write clear and concise penetration testing reports detailing findings and recommendations for remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate and lead client kick-off and scoping sessions to answer questions from prospects and clients.
- Act as a mentor to other penetration testers and support them in their work.
- Assist in pre-sales efforts as a penetration testing.
- Assist in the development of testing modules to automate vulnerability discovery and exploitation.
- Perform research and development activities to support the development of AppCheck and internal pen testing tools.
- Assist in the development of a managed scanning / penetration testing service.
Who We’re Looking For:
To be successful in this role, we’d like you to have:
- CREST CRT or CCT accreditation (preferably with a specialism in web applications).
- Experience providing leadership or guidance to technical teams.
- A breadth of pen testing experience.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Strong experience with web application technologies and programming languages.
- Should have good programming skills (preferably in python) and be able to contribute to the development of testing tools and exploits.
Location & Remote Working:
Our office is based in Birstall, West Yorkshire, just outside of Leeds. Most of our technical team work remotely, as can this role, however there would be the need to visit the office on an occasional basis
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.
TO APPLY, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date, and the vacancy may close early without prior warning
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.